As wellbeing and quality of life deteriorate, there may come a time in pet ownership when you will be faced with difficult decisions such as pet euthanasia. If you feel your pet's quality of life has declined, Guilderland Animal Hospital's compassionate team of veterinarians and support staff are prepared to help and support you. We will make sure that you are fully informed about all possible treatment options.
While companion animal euthanasia is never an easy choice, once your decision is made we will prepare you for what is to come and be with you every step of the way. You can find comfort in knowing that our methods ensure your pet will be serenely and peacefully laid to rest.
Pet Cremation Services
We have an on-site crematorium, and offer both private and group cremation.
We develop intense bonds with our pets. Death of a beloved pet is a painful and difficult time. Grieving is a healthy and healing process. We offer remembrance products as part of the healing process. If you would like additional information on grieving the loss of your pet, please contact us or you may visit HelpGuide.com.
Private cremation services offer a beautiful cedar urn for your pet's remains, a personalized clay paw print with a gold easel, along with a memory card. Clay paws are a beautiful way of remembering your pet.
We have access to a variety of other urns and remembrance products from which to choose. View a catalog of other products offered through Kelco Supply.
Tips for Coping with the Loss of a Pet
- Allow yourself to grieve and cry.
- Talk about your feelings with friends, family, or our sympathetic hospital staff.
- Maintain your normal daily routine.
- Memorialize your lost pet by planting a tree or creating a small photo album filled with happy memories.
- The Rainbow Bridge is an online pet memorial and grief support community for those who have lost their "furry, feathered, or scaled" family members.